Double Thrust Face Tilting Pad Babbitt Bearing for Gas Turbine
With a request to manufacture new product from a customer-provided working sample, we successfully fabricated seven unique tilting pad Babbitt bearings that can be applied by the oil and gas industry for direct use in a gas turbine. Our new tilting pad journal Babbitt bearings contain thrust faces both ends, each with two sets of self-leveling rockers. The Babbitt bearings contain base material constructed out of multiple materials; 4142, 1018 HR bar, and 1026 HF steel tubing.
Using SAE 11, ASTM B23-94, Alloy 11 Babbitt material, and CNC machining with special tooling capabilities, this bearing meets (+/-) .0005 inch precision tolerance, and a sixteen micro inch surface roughness requirement. They are six inches in length, with 7.5 inches in outside diameter, and 3.5 inches inside diameter.
Our tilting pad bearings are delivered in special packaging, assuring safe transport. We provide on-time delivery within and outside of Connecticut. Meeting unique customer specifications, our tilting pad bearing products always achieve high client satisfaction!
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
- Product Name
- Tilting Pad Journal Bearing
- Product Description
- Tilting pad journal bearing with thrust faces both ends, each with 2 sets of self-leveling rockers
- Capabilities Applied / Processes
- We were requested to manufacture new bearings from a working sample. Seven bearings were made. Our customer was highly satisfied with the results.
- Tightest Tolerance
- Product Length
- Product Outside Diameter
- Product Inside Diameter
- Surface Roughness
- 16 micro inches
- Cutting Method
- CNC Machining and special tooling
- Base Material
- 4142; 1018 HR bar; 1026 HF steel tubing
- Material Thickness Applied (Babbitt)
- Babbitt Material Used
- SAE 11, ASTM B23-94, alloy 11
- special packaging
- Industry for Use
- oil & gas industry/ direct use in a gas turbine
- Delivery Time
- On Time!
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- customer specifications
- Drawing Type Accepted
- .PDF, .TIF, .DWG, MCX