Tri-Metal Gear Babbitt Bearing for Aerospace Fuel Pump
With this gear pump Babbitt bearing having remained out of service for some time, the original manufacturer subsequently lost the technology to fabricate it without porosity in the Babbitt thrust face. As a result, Jensen Machine was contacted by our aerospace industry client to re-develop the process.
Jensen Machine was able to successfully recreate the procedure and, as a result, we now offer our client high-quality, non-porous gear pump Babbitt bearings. Using CNC machining and special tooling capabilities with SAE 12 Babbitt, Grade 2, ASTM B23-94 Alloy 2 material, our gear pump bearing provides .00025 inch precision tolerance, with concentricity within .0004 inches, and zero porosity.
These particular gear pump products are made with a 1018 steel shell, coated with F5 bronze. They have an outside diameter of 0.799 inches and an inside diameter of 0.375 inches, and are only 0.656 inches in length. With a surface roughness of only fifteen micro inches, our superior gear pump Babbitt bearings meet with AS9100B and customer specifications. Jensen Machine offers on-time delivery from Connecticut to California, and will package our gear pump bearings according to our consumers' unique specifications.
(Click on thumbnail to enlarge)
- Product Name
- Product Description
- Gear Pump Bearing
- Capabilities Applied / Processes
- This part had been out of service for a good length of time. As a result, the manufacturer had lost the technology, and was having difficulty producing a bearing without porosity in the Babbitt thrust face. We were contacted and requested to re-develop the process. We were successful, and began producing bearings with NO porosity!
- Tightest Tolerance
- .00025, with concentricity within .0004
- Product Length
- Product Outside Diameter
- Product Inside Diameter
- Surface Roughness
- 15 micro inches
- Cutting Method
- CNC Machining and special tooling
- Base Material
- 1018 Steel Shell, coated with F5 Bronze
- Material Thickness Applied (Babbitt)
- Material Used
- SAE 12 Babbitt, Grade 2, ASTM B23-94 Alloy 2
- Per customer specifications
- Industry for Use
- Delivery Time
- On Time!
- Delivery Location
- Standards Met
- Customer specifications
- Drawing Type Accepted
- .PDF, .TIF, .DWG, MCX